About the Role
We are looking for a Data Scientist to join the Data Science & Engineering (DSE) team, which develops and implements EntityRisk’s core methodology and software. Our platform predicts the clinical, social, and commercial value of new medical technologies in the real world to help optimize risk-sharing, advance market access, improve evidence-generation investments, and correctly assess commercial value.
The Data Scientist position is a role for candidates with a master’s or PhD degree in a quantitative field such as statistics, economics, epidemiology, engineering, mathematics, finance, or computer science. Applicants should have experience with simulation modeling, statistics, machine learning, and/or health economics.
Data Scientists build robust data pipelines, perform initial and exploratory data analyses, implement advanced statistical and machine learning algorithms; use simulation to estimate meaningful quantities for decision making; and communicate results. They contribute to internal software libraries and help clients solve specific problems as part of consulting projects.
Ideal candidates are collaborative and intellectually curious with a desire to expand their skills and knowledge. Successful candidates will have good written and verbal communication skills in addition to strong technical skills.
- Develop cost-effectiveness simulation models and utilize advanced value assessment techniques to estimate the social value of medical technologies
- Use microsimulation to forecast the commercial value of new medicines and evaluate outcomes-based contracts
- Collaborate with data engineers to build data pipelines that take in real-world (e.g., medical claims, electronic health records) or clinical trial datasets and create output in the form of analytic datasets
- Implement probabilistic statistical and machine learning models to predict health and financial outcome distributions, estimate causal effects, and quantify uncertainty
- Build web applications and interactive reports so that clients can run and interact with models
- Contribute to internal software libraries by implementing new modeling features, creating unit tests, writing documentation, and enforcing style conventions
- Follow software best practices including version control (Git), code review, continuous integration, and continuous deployment
- Present and communicate results to team members and clients
- MS or PhD in a quantitative field
- Fluency in at least one of Python or R
- Familiarity with SQL
- Experience writing technical documents (reports, manuscripts, presentations)
- For Senior Data Scientist: 2-4 years of relevant work experience